Sunday 11 July 2010

Different one for me - CAS?


After my slight cheat of a CAS card for Karen's Doodles UK a few days ago, this one is real CAS I think?  I saw a similar layout (by Clare Curd I think) in a magazine and thought it'd work for this one - it's actually a sympathy card for an online friend who recently lost her dad, but I'm not keen on 'with sympathy' as a sentiment, just a personal preference, so it's 'thinking of you' instead.

I've used some gorgeous new papers that I couldn't resist on a recent visit to my local craft shop - they're 'Ella Blue' by GCD Studio.  The cardstock is coredinations, 2-layered butterfly cut with a Quickcutz die (I think), sentiment stamp was part of a magazine subscription gift and is by Stampin' Up, flat back pearls from stash.  I was about to say not a promarker in sight, but I did use a duck egg one to edge around the sentiment :o)

I'm entering my card for the following challenges:
Apologies for being a rubbish blogger lately, I may have mentioned (in a moany whingey fashion) that I'm not very good in the heat, and it's been unbearable lately.  I kept going in the craft room and trying but I couldn't make a thing, and I've just felt drowsy and ill all the time.  It's a bit cooler today (hurrah!!!) so I can finally get crafting again - will try and do some blog visiting later too after I've made a couple of DT cards.

18 comments:

Jackie said...

Sometimes it's good to do something different and this is excellent. I am with you on 'Thinking of you' instead of sympathy :o)
Jackie xx

Catherine said...

What a beautiful and elegant card Lisa ! Love the colours... Smiles from Catherine

Debs M said...

lovely, simple and understated - perfect! x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Lisa, thats a very classy card, simple but beautiful. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx

Made by Mandy said...

Hi Lisa,

I'm the same with this heat, really struggling with my Mojo and just can't be bothered at all.

Love your butterfly, it's a bit gorgeous and such a beautiful card. I do think your sentiment is a lot nicer too.

Hope you feel more like your normal self soon. I love the sunshine but this incessant heat is getting a bit much now....

Lots of love and big hugs xxx

Danni said...

What a great CAS card!! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Lindsey said...

Hi Lisa,
I'm dribbling over this card, it's so elegant and beautiful. I love it. Gorgeous colours you have chosen and well done gettin some promarkers in there too!
Linds xxx

Faye said...

Lisa, this is a BEAUTIFUL card, it is sooooo elegant and lovely. You've done it again - I need that punch!! xxx

Janette said...

I think this is perfect for the occasion....a beautiful card.x

Sue said...

Hi Hun
ive een a bad bloggere to in this heat, cause ive bbeen sat in it! lol. very pretty card, gorgeous butterfly, sue,x

craftymum said...

Ooh I love this elegant card Lisa
Love sarah XXX

coops said...

this is so elegant lisa and i prefer thinking of you too.the butterfly is beautiful and i love the colours.
this heat ain`t good when its humid, seems a lot cooler today though so i hope you feel better soon.
take care
xx coops xx

Jackie said...

Thank you for pointing me in the direction of Karen's Doodles UK :o)
Jackie xx

Helen said...

Absolutely beautiful and very elegant.

Helen x

crafty amy said...

Oh my gosh this is beautiful!! I LOVE it I always find ths CAS look so difficult.

Hugs

Amy xx

☼ Cheryl* said...

Hi Lisa!
I love this card, it is beautiful. I Love the colours, design, butterly, everything!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Lisa this is absolutely gorgeous I so love the simplicity of this card it is both elegant and classy I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Gxxx said...

I can say without hesitation that this was the perfect card for the situation, and that I'm not fond of 'With Sympathy' either. Thank you! xxx