Monday 25 January 2010

TGF CHA Relay Day 1 - Mer Ian



My second post for today. I decided to have a go at the relay at The Greeting Farm - I'm sure there's no way I'll manage to keep up every day, but I thought I'd at least try!

The image for today is Mer Ian, isn't he cute? I'm not sure about my card, it's a bit different for me, but then I've never been any good at making anything quickly! Also, my printed images could've done with a bit longer to 'set' but there's no time for that, so I've not been able to do loads of blending or the lines would have smudged. The spotty paper and the water effect one behind the image are both DCWV, blue cardstock is coredinations, with some plain orange cardstock from my stash. The circle frame was cut with nellie snellen dies, added a Craftwork Cards sentiment and some buttons from stash. I've already got my image printed off for tomorrow's card, so finger's crossed I'll manage that one too :o) I've followed the sketch from Sweet Sketch Sunday and I'm also entering my card for the 'boy birthday' theme at Stampavie.

9 comments:

Lori said...

Wow, you're on a roll, such a cutie, after reading this I debated the challenge, but would probably fall short. I think your card is perfect and I love the watery background. And your cards are looking great!!!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Aw, what a sweetie! Love Mer Ian and how he looks like he's in a pool! Very cute!

TFS! hugs, margie

Stef H said...

love it!

hugs :)

Cheryl said...

So cute,love this colour combo and he looks fantastic in your circle diecut!!!
xx

Cor* said...

I too , adore this cute little card! Love the water in the background!

Squirrel x said...

Just goes to show you shouldn't blog at 6.35am - I thought your card was a Mr Man from the title! Anyway, MER Ian is sooooooo sweet hun! Love how you have used the papers and the frame and the orange buttons are the perfect finishing detail. Simply gorgeous. Hugs, Squirrel xx

coops said...

fab card, love the ian and love the water effect.luv coops.xx

Unknown said...

Oh its lovely lisa, well done hun, i down loaded it but havent used it :(

Valérie Goldenschue said...

Such a lovely boy's card.

thanks for joining us at Stampavie and More