Friday 29 January 2010

Fairy Fun Fridays week 4 - sketch


It's time for another Fairy Fun Friday challenge, and this week there's a fab sketch - mine turned out a little odd so don't let mine put you off! Hope you'll join in the fun this week :o)

I've used a cute little image called Twinkletoes from Prairie Fairy, coloured with promarkers with glamour dust on her wings. The papers are K&Co with Bazzill cardstock. I've been experimenting with my new blossom nesties and made a flower from lots of layers of handmade paper, sponged it a little with distress ink, scrunched it up and then fixed the layers together with a gem brad - I also gave it a quick spray of adhesive and sprinkled on some glamour dust but the photo hasn't really picked it up. I need a bit of practice with these flowers but I think I like the effect. The centre panel was cut with my new MS doily lace trim punch, sentiment was computer generated, then added some rainbow drops and a heart button (which looks a funny shade of pink, but isn't, honest!) to finish. I had intended to follow the sketch properly and was going to use a 5 x 7 card blank, but halfway through I realised the papers I'd picked out were 6 x 6 lol, so I had to adapt it to a square, oops!

I'm also entering my card for the following challenges:

31 comments:

Unknown said...

Soooo pretty Lisa. You have such a knack for soft pastel colors!

Lori said...

Oh Lisa, I love that flower and the DP and sparkly wings, Gorgeous!!!!

Cheryl said...

Such happy and bright card,love the sparkle and pretty flower!!!
Hugs xx

Cor* said...

LOVE the flowery background! Turned out great!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love your coloring! and the flower is perfect :)

Great job!
hugs, margie

Mrs Bs Blog said...

Hi Lisa, she`s gorgeous and you`ve coloured her beautifully. I love your flower it`s beautiful, thanks for the tip on making it. Hugs Val xxx

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card Lisa. Thanks for playing along at PfP this week.
Sam xx

Squirrel x said...

Awh hun, she's so fairy sweet! Gorgeous card babe and love the colours, reminds me of marshmallows. Hugs, Squirrel xx

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi Lisa. Such a beautiful card. Love the backing papers and that image is adorable.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Anjie said...

A beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week.
Anj
xx

Deirdre said...

Wow... am loving all that glittery goodness. Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week.

Simply Shaz said...

This is really pretty and girly :)
Thanks for joining in with us over at FNF :)
Shaz x

Kelly said...

Lisa, adorable card, I love the wings.

Nannieflash said...

Hi Lisa, thats one gorgeous and pretty card, I love the papers and the colouring is stunning. Well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Stef H said...

oh i want her at my party! gorgeous!

hugs :)

Gina said...

Beautiful card and great image Lisa
Thanks for joining in at PFP this week :)
Gina xxx

craftymum said...

This is lovely Lisa and if you check my blog there is something there for you
Love Sarah XXX

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Lisa, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is stunning. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

coops said...

hiya lisa, gorgeous card.fab image and love the soft pastel colours.love your lolipop flower.luv coops.xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, I am afraid your going to get me hooked on more digi's, I have been over there to see from finding them on your card's and really want some...
I love the paper's on this one, I had it in a 12 by 12 with added glitter...it was gorgeous while it lasted....
Lovely card, I really like the ruffle's on her skirt...
x
Vicky

Linda . J said...

Gorgeous card Lisa and love the design, sparkle and detail, the colours are beautiful.
Hugs Linda

Danni said...

How sweet and pretty!! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Patricia St Martin said...

Beautiful card. Just love her, your soft colors are so nice.

Lori said...

This is adorable, Lisa! The colors are fresh and fun and gotta love that sparkle :D
Love and hugs ~ Lori

Deb said...

gorgeous card, adorable image, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, have a great weekend, hugs Debx

Beverly G said...

Love that glamour dust on her wings, she's cute.

gina g said...

Gorgeous card darlin i love the flower. luv gina xx

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card hunny, so pretty and such a sweet image.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
hugs Mandy xx

Caryn said...

Fabulous card, love the papers and your image is coloured beautifully.

Thanks for joining in at PFP.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Ida / Little said...

Wow, the image is just so pretty! And the sparkle adds the perfect effect! Thanks for joining us at PfP this week! :)

Hugs Ida

Crystal said...

great card! love the glitter wings and that lollipop flower is fabulous! so darn cute! hugs!