Thursday 8 October 2009

Truly Scrumptious 17

Here's my card for Truly Scrumptious, following their sketch. I don't think I've entered this one before, and unusually for me I can't find any other challenges to put this one in for, so it's just the one this time!

The scalloped card blank is from Craftwork cards, the cute little image is from Elzybells, coloured with promarkers. I had a bit of a battle getting the colouring right with this one - I decided to try stamping on Bristol Board instead of my usual Rymans card, and was surprised to find the pens bleed so much more on Bristol Board, or maybe it's just me! I've managed to fix most of the blotchy bits where the colour ran and it's turned out ok I think.

I think I was given the papers so I'm not sure where they're from. The cardstock is coredinations and I've used some Craftwork cards card candy dots. The sentiment is computer generated. The extra challenge on Truly Scrumptious was to use some doodling, and honestly my heart sinks when I see the dreaded doodling word on challenges! I'm hopeless at it! I've made a little border around the image with a sakura clear glitter pen, and thankfully it can hardly be seen lol.

There's no close up pic today because it's a horrible day and the light's terrible, so all my close ups went blurry.

5 comments:

Kat said...

Love this card. Pink is one of my faves - I seem to have made a few pink cards recently! What a cute image and isn't it a great sketch.

Kat xx

Dragonlady said...

Hi there,

Yes it is........Truly Scrumptious that is. I love the coloours and the background papers you have used.

Hugs Ali x

Sharon said...

This is lovely. Gorgeous papers and your doodling looks fab. Thanks for joining in our Truly Scrumptious challenge.

Victoria said...

this is fab Lisa, I love it to bits. I just invested in some scalloped cards myself so will try and have a play this weekend. This is so pink and clean - my favourite combo!

Victoria
x

Sue said...

gorgeous card luv the colour combo,sue.x