Sunday 25 October 2009

My 1st Christmas card!


Hurrah, at last I've made a start on the Christmas cards - yay!!! Just a couple of months behind everyone else lol, but it takes me a while to get into Christmas mode. I also realised once I'd started that I don't have much in the way of Christmas embellishments, so I've ordered one of those Cuttlebug snowflake dies.

Anyway, I've made this card following the sketch at Friday Sketchers. I'm also entering it for Allsorts which is 'furry friends', One Stop Craft which is 'celebrations' and Winter Wonderland
where they have an open theme this week. I was sooo glad when I saw it was an open theme, because I actually used last week's theme of 'the Christmas stocking' as my excuse to buy this cute digi stamp from The Greeting Farm, but then I missed the deadline to enter! So I'm pleased I can still enter my card.

I've coloured the image with promarkers and used some polar white flower soft on the hat and stocking trims - it's the first time I've used flower soft so I'm not sure how successful it's been really, hopefully I'll get used to it though! I've used chalk for the background, and it does actually match better than the picture shows - I'm finding it really hit and miss taking photos in this dull weather, sometimes they turn out fine and other times the colours just don't look quite right. The papers are DCWV, with some linen effect pink card from a local craft shop. I've added some ribbon, a little snowflake and button all from my stash.




16 comments:

Mandy said...

Hi hun, gorgeous card, love the image it's so sweet, well done on making your first Crimbo card
hugs Mandy xx

CraftyC said...

Very cute card Lisa, a lovely image
Clairexx

Teri said...

This is fabulous! Glad you got to use your little stamp! Cute!
Thanks for sharing at Winter Wonderland this week!
Hugs,
Teri x

Willy said...

What a cute Christmas card!

Hermine said...

So sweet!

Lynda said...

Super cute Christmas card and a great start too!

Lynda xxx

Joey said...

Hiya

Gorgeous Christmas card! I love the image you have used. Thanks for joining us at WW

Joey.x

gina g said...

Aww this is so cute i love the image and the colour is fab. luv gina xx

Debs said...

Hi Lisa
Love this card - the image is soooooooooo cute.
Thanks for joinig us at Allsorts this week.
Take care
Debs xx

dolcreations said...

This is so darn cute! Beautiful colour choices!
The image is very adorable!
Christine

Gro said...

Great card, and super cute image
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts

Jules said...

Hi Lisa

What a cute Christmas card.

You made me smile when I looked at the mouse with his little glasses. So cute!

Thank you for joining in the fun at Allsorts this week.

Love Jules xx

Louise said...

such a cute card and well done on starting christmas cards I am sooo behind,love you cute image and the flower soft touch.
louise xx

Teri said...

A beautiful card! I love this image ... it's so cute!

Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.

Teri xx

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

This is just my cup of tea I love pink and you cant beat a pink christmas card,
great image and the polar fleece gives a great effect

Thanks for playing at Allsorts

Emma xxx

Anne said...

Absolutely delightful Lisa! Love that image and the papers are perfect with it! Thanks for playing with us this week! xx