Wednesday 18 July 2018

Papercraft Challenges - Christmas in July

Hello :o)

I'm here with my DT card for Papercraft Challenges, where our theme is 'Christmas in July'.


The cute image is from the Reindeer Blocks set from Bugaboo Stamps, coloured with copics.  I used a couple of different embossing folders on white linen card, some purple Centura Pearl card and a sentiment stamp from Clearly Besotted.

I'm entering my card for the following challenges
The Holly & Ivy - anything Christmas goes
Creatalicious - anything goes + optional no patterned paper
Simply Create Too - no pattern paper
Cute Card Thursday - anything goes

I'm having a proud mum moment as I've had an email from one of the teachers who was with Morgan on his trip to France last week... it made me cry!  Here's part of it...

'I wanted to spend a bit of time to let you know that no other student has made me feel prouder of being a teacher than your son.

Every day during the trip Morgan was an absolute pleasure to have in my group and made the whole trip worth while. He had a strong phobia of heights and what impressed me more than any other student was the fact he did not let that stop him and ploughed through the activities regardless! 

Morgan has inspired me as an individual and I am convinced he will continue to inspire those around him as he grows up into an awesome young gentleman!'

 How lovely is that?!  And so nice of him to take the time to write to us.  Morgan told me about this particular teacher, and said he couldn't have managed some of the activities without his encouragement.

Thanks for popping in... back tomorrow with another card, that's quite productive for me lately lol.  Have a lovely evening :o)

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Another fabulous card Lisa, lovely design and the embossed mats look great. Such a super cute reindeer!! You must be incredibly proud to have received that fantastic email, what a wonderful Teacher to have taken the time to let you know that he recognises Morgan's inspiring qualities...Well done Morgan!! xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is so cute and I love the embossing, great layout may borrow that one with embossing folders. You should be very proud of Morgan x

Renate said...

aaaaahw, what a sweetheart. It looks like he just woke up from his summer sleep. After all, it takes a while before he can go to work.

-xiss- Renate.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Super cute Lisa! Love the embossing! Gorgeous image and perfect card design for it! Thanks for your sweet comment today, I did laugh at Dex's question! Hehe. Big hugs, Wends xoxo

Debra K. said...

This is so cute, it made me smile :)! Wonderfully coloured reindeer Lisa.
Wow, it nearly made me cry and he's not even my son! You have every reason to have longer than a moment to be proud of him. What a wonderful young man your son sounds. It was really great of the teacher to write to you but he was obviously so impressed with Morgan that he just had to. I share his phobia of heights so for him to try everything anyway was fantastic. I'm so happy for you all. Debra x

Jackie C said...

Great project! Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at The Holly & The Ivy. Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @ TH&TI