Saturday 7 October 2017

Sweet Stampin' - distressing

Happy Saturday :o)

This week at Sweet Stampin' we'd like to see your 'distressed' cards... my cards tend to be quite neat and 'clean', but every now and then I do like to play with inks and distressing tools.  I've even been known to rip paper, but I have to be feeling very brave for that lol!


I couldn't decide what to make, so ended up playing with some new male sentiment stamps I bought from Polkadoodles - you can find them HERE.  Pav's birthday has been and gone, so I'm not sure why I chose the husband stamp... maybe someone will need one, otherwise I'll be super organised for his next birthday for a change lol.  I stamped the sentiments in black Archival ink, the distress inks are Peacock Feathers, Squeezed Lemonade and Twisted Citron.  Papers are an old First Edition pad and the star die was from Joanna Sheen.

I'm entering my card for the following challenges
Aud Sentiments - use a die-cut plus a sentiment
Creatalicious - anything goes with optional make your own background

Actually, thinking about it, I probably should have made a Christmas card shouldn't I?!  Think I've only made about 3 so far this year... oops!

Thanks for popping in :o)

13 comments:

Sarah said...

Great distressing Lisa and the colours are fabulous too, the black really makes the colours pop xx

Kelly Lloyd said...

Oh wow I love this card. The distressing is ace and I love the colour x.

Annette said...

Lovely card Lisa and the star burst die is lovely. I've made cards early for specific people in the past and by the time their birthday has come around I've forgotten that I'd made it (or where I'd put it) and ended up making another. I hope this one gets used as it's a real stunner. Good to see you back crafting too. xx

Lorraine said...

A brilliant card Lisa, love the design and colours
Lorraine x

Dotty Jo said...

This is just adorable, Lisa, Jo x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I love distressing paper but I love neat too. Great sentiment, fab colours

Janette said...

I just love the colours, looks fab and that's a great stamp...xxx

Chris said...

Lovely design and stamp...love the colours!
Chris
x

Margaret said...

Very nice colors and design. Good to get a start on next year. Thanks for joining us at creatalicous. Good luck. Maggie, DT

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

I think I need to be better organised with birthday cards, no harm stashing it away for next year! Love, love, LOVE the gorgeous colour combo you used with the distress inks. Really gorgeous blend. I still have some of my papers from that first edition pad too, it's a lovely one and great combo with your stamping. Love that die too. Gorgeous card hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Grietje said...

Beautiful card! Love the colours you've used to create the backgroun really vibrant colours. Thank you for sharing it with us over at Creatalicious Challenges.

xx Grietje
Grietje's Kaartenhoekje
Creatalicious Challenges DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Beautiful card, love hubby is a "star" on his birthday, great distressing too, I'm like you have to be very brave to distress or rip LOL.
Faith
x

Elaine Stark said...

A brilliant card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine