Friday 31 July 2015

Using the scraps!

Hello :o)

I'm finally getting that urge to create back again... lots of ideas buzzing around and no time or space to do anything with them!  Hopefully it won't be tooooo long before all the work's done, and then I'll have a lovely new craft room to play in... it's getting a bit frustrating having to wait now!

I noticed this week's challenge at Less is More was to use 'snippets' for Chrissie's birthday (happy birthday Chrissie!!), and as I had a few minutes spare I whizzed this card together.


This was made entirely from little leftover scraps of paper, mostly Doodlebug... I didn't cut anything, all the scraps were left as I found them.  Even the butterfly was from my little basket, where everything that gets punched or die cut but then doesn't make it onto a card, ends up.  I should do this more often... it was fun and very quick!  I could probably make hundreds of cards and still not get through all the scraps though... especially all the bits of white card.

Off for a quick walk with the dog, and then it's fish and chips for tea :o)  Thanks for popping in, hope you have a lovely evening.

16 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Very sweet card using up bits. Lovely to see you blogging. Look forward to pics of the new room

Jacee said...

Great design Lisa, love it's simplicity, fabulous!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Annette said...

A great way to use up your scraps. I have lots of those too!! Hope you had a good walk, and save me some chips will ya!

Sarah said...

A lovely card and saving the planet too!! Enjoy t h e fish and chips xx

Anonymous said...

Cute card, love the design. Enjoy the fish and chips and have a fab weekend x

Unknown said...

Love what you've created with your scraps. Karen x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Beautiful, crisp and elegant use of your snippets Lisa.
Love your mix of coordinating papers and a fun, striking design
thanks for playing along at Less is More.
Sarah x

Carole Pollard said...

So pretty a lovely design you'd never think they are scraps its s delight do glad your room is nearly done enjoy those fish and chips great Friday tea !! Love and hugs Carole x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Lovely to see you blogging again and Mr Mojo returning slowly. Fab CAS creation today and a great way of using up all those little leftover pieces we all hoard :)
take care,
Lorraine

Jackie said...

Wonderful way to use scraps Lisa, and a fabulous CAS card :o)
Jackie xx

Sue B said...

Oh this is gorgeous Lisa! what a fab layout and beautiful papers! love the butterfly too… this is CAS to perfection! :-)
Have a lovely weekend
Big hugs, Sue B xx

An Occasional Genius said...

I know exactly what you mean with the scrap box, I could also make hundreds of cards from mine & not scratch the surface!! You'll have to colour the edges of all that white & maybe use it for matting. Anyway, I digress from your gorgeous CAS card, I love the bright colours xx

Neets B said...

Wow, I must have hundreds of little strips like this, what a fabulous way to use them up. Love your little cluster of pretty designs.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh I love this! What a brilliant CAS design and fabulous way to use the scraps! Gorgeous paper combo and colours. Hugs, Wends x

Debra K. said...

Great use of your scraps Lisa! The papers go really well together to make this fab CAS card. I hope you had a good walk with Chester and enjoyed your fish and chips. Debra x

Aneta said...

Wow! So simple and so beautiful!