Wednesday 19 February 2014

Spencer's Party - Little Miss Muffet DT

Hello everyone... hope you're all well, hugs to all who need them.

I'm here with my DT card for Little Miss Muffet, using a new and very cute image called Spencer's Party.  I've used my Cameo to cut the base and layers - Donna used this fab shape recently and I had to have it... I'm not particularly good at using shaped bases, but I do like them so I'll persevere!




Items Used
Card Base - made using Frame Set Bubble Squares (ID #50859)
cut on the Cameo
Digi stamp - Spencer's Party - Little Miss Muffet Stamps
Colouring - copics
Papers - Doodlebug Snips & Snails - Craft Mojo
Sentiment - Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler - Craft Mojo
Wink of Stella Brush Marker in Clear (on balloons & present) - Craft Mojo

I'm entering my card for the following challenges
A Little Bit Crafty - man up
Cutie Pie - cute with spots & dots
Papertake Weekly - lovely layers
A Gem of a Challenge - spots & stripes

Sooo... in past years I've generally not posted a card on this date - it's exactly 7yrs since our beautiful baby Harvey was born sleeping.  It has traditionally been my day for wallowing and crying as much as I blimmin' well like.  But this year Pav said he was taking the day off, and we've spent the day together, just doing normal boring stuff like going to the gym... and I haven't cried (yet!).  So I think this may be the way to go next year too.

Hope you all have a lovely evening :o)

29 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours and the cute image. Sending you the biggest of hugs today and so glad you haven't been in tears xx

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Love this base, it works so well with the papers. Cute image too, such a great card. You and your family are in my thoughts x
Rebecca.

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Lisa. Love the image and your fab colouring.
Sending you a big hug today.
Lorraine x

Sue said...

Such a gorgeous card Lisa, I love the image, fabulous colouring and wonderful shape.
Thinking of you and sending you big hugs. Sue xx

rachel said...

gorgeous card Lisa - sending you hugs and wishing you a happy evening xx

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Beautiful card Lisa.
Sending you a big hug today.
Sue x x

Debra K. said...

Great card! You seem to have conquered your cameo now.
Sending you and your family my biggest hug. Debra x

Vicky said...

Beautiful hun....and sending a big hugs too...

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. When my father died 8 years ago, everyone kept telling me how long it would take to get over the loss... I didn't like hearing it at the time, it made me angry. Then a few years went by and instead of crying when I spoke about him I started to smile remembering him. Laughing at the things he use to do to make us happy. Now I know... It never goes away, it just gets easier with time. Enjoy your day. May the sun shine down on you from your little angel in heaven.

Anneke said...

What a cute card! Great border :)
Hugs Anneke

susiestacey said...

Hugs to you and your family Lisa xx Gorgeous card and love the base shape x Susan x

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa, what a fabulous card! Love the card base and your colouring is perfect.

Sorry to hear how hard today is for you - am thinking of you.

Sarah

susiestacey said...

Sorry Lisa forgot to add ...
Thank you for sharing with the Cutie Pies 'Cute Spots & Dots' challenge and good luck x Susan x

Sammy said...

Such an adorable card!
My thoughts are with you and your family. x

Carole Pollard said...

Fantastic what a great shape makes such a different card .The image is such fun just a fab card Love and Happy Crafting Carole x

Annette said...

Fab card Lisa, and I love the shaped base. Big hugs to you today hun, but I'm glad that the tears have stayed at bay.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Wendy said...

Fabulous card Lisa, so cute.
Sending you a BIG hug.
Wendy xx

Little K Smith said...

Aawww this is gorgeous Lisa, a fab shape, super cute image ad I love the colours too :)
Thinking of you hun.
Kelly.x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

I'm glad yesterday was a little better for you than previously... hugs xx

Super cool card Lisa, I love the shape too x

Jane Savage said...

Gorgeous card, Lisa. The shape, the image, the papers, the colouring... all fab!

I can't imagine how this time must make you feel, my deeepest sympathies to you and your family. Hugs xx

heidy said...

Sending you big hugs hun and love your cute card!!
XXX Heidy

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a bright festive card. Sending you a big hug and letting you know that no matter what, today will be fine, tears or not.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Lovely card, I would think it would be for Harvey, he would have loved it.

My heart is with you, but it will get easier. hugs

Kat W said...

It will always be a sad day for you but I hope your 'normal' day worked for you and helped you get through it with Pav at your side.
Your card is lovely and I do think shaped cards add so much interest but your beautifully coloured dog is the start of the show here!
Big big hugs, Kat xx

Pia S said...

This shape is fab! And I love how you managed to give the balloons a translucent look!

XxJULESxX said...

Love the card great shape too! sorry i missed this yesterday, sending late hugs!

Christine L said...

A fabulous card Lisa... Love how you've got the translucency of the balloons with your perfect colouring. The shape is fab too!

Sorry I'm late, but big hugs for yesterday.. You're doing well..

Hugs
Christine x

Lorraine said...

Just popping back to say Thanks for joining this months challenge at A little Bit Crafty.
Lorraine x

Helen said...

Gorgeous card, Lisa - love the shape.

Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

Helen N x