Tuesday 13 March 2012

Sweet Misty

This is the last of the cards that my auntie ordered, I really ought to get a move on with my own mum's Mother's Day card now!  Di's mother-in-law has a horse (or horses, not sure) so that gave me a good excuse to use the lovely Misty from DigiStamp Boutique - I haven't used her for a while, isn't she sweet?




The papers are from the digi set Oh So Shabby from Raspberry Rd, printed onto linen card and lightly inked around the edges with antique linen distress ink.  I've had my eye on Raspberry Rd papers for a while, but I couldn't work out whether it was ok to sell the cards I made with them - finally got round to sending them an email at the weekend and had a speedy reply back saying individual handmade items are fine to sell... so I downloaded quite a few different ones, they're all so pretty!

I've coloured Misty with Prisma pencils, although I used flexmarkers for the sky.  I've made a terrible job of the colouring really, but I've got yet another rotten cold and I wasn't really in the mood.  So sick of the constant colds, I'd only just got rid of one!

I'm entering my card for the following challenges:

A few of you have asked how I do my clouds... now there's next to no chance of me doing a tutorial, but this tutorial is where I started, although it's actually for copics, so I adapted it first for promarkers and then for flexmarkers.  It's all quite random so mine ends up looking very different to the original, but it's a fab tutorial so a great starting point if you fancy having a go yourself.  If it helps, the flexmarkers I use are 'glacier blue', 'cloud blue' and 'blue grey 2' and I go over the whole thing with the blender pen.

Hope you all have a lovely evening :o)

38 comments:

maxine said...

lovely card Lisa very sweet x

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Beautiful card Lisa. I really must get on with some Mother's day cards. at the rate I'm going I will be doing them on Saturday, or worst still buying some! Sue x

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Lisa - and it is sooooo beautifully coloured.
The image is really sweet and perfect for the recipient.
Have a fab evening.
Debs xx

Sue said...

Hi hun
aww adorable card, lovely image & colouring, pretty papers, luv the card below, sue,x

Claire said...

Lovely card! Hugs, Claire x

Janette said...

Hi Lisa, Oh this is so sweet, a gorgeous card..xx

Catherine said...

Cute card, love the colours...

Rachel said...

What a pretty card, love your colours and sweet image. Wedgie xxx

heidy said...

Beautiful card Lisa and love the gorgeous paper,I'm jumping right over there to have a little noise (lol)
Sorry to hear your cold came back
XXX Heidy

Denise said...

This is gorgeous and those papers are so pretty.
Hugs
Denise xx

The Crafty Blonde said...

Fab card, love the sweet image so cute and the papers look so pretty. Great layout and colours and just love how you have done the sky.
Lyndsey xx

Diane's Card Designs said...

Awww this is so sweet. Love the image and such pretty colours.
Diane xx

Juls said...

just too adorable!!! LOVE IT!!!!! Hugs Juls

Debs M said...

your colouring is fine and yes you do have lovely clouds! love that horse image ..so sweet!!

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Lisa, aww! this is such an adorable card. I love the very cute image and stunning colouring especially the clouds (thanks for the link, you are a love) The papers are gorgeous.

Donna x

Anonymous said...

So pretty Lisa! You have such a great eye for putting the right colours and papers together.
xx

Anonymous said...

Love the sky detail! Lovely pastel card, very soft and pretty. xx

Jules said...

Hi Lisa

A gorgeous make.

Fab image and a brilliant sky.

Raspberry Road do some brilliant papers. Have you been in the dollar store? Some beauties in there!!!

Love Jules xx

Mau xx said...

This is so pretty and cute Lisa, love the papers and both my daughters have horses so would love this image. your sky is superb xxxxx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Such a sweet card!

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Lisa, love the sky and the wee horse is adorable...my G/daughter into horses too.Gorgeous papers lovely pastel shades.

Luv CHRISSYxx

CraftyC said...

Hi Lisa, another sweet card you have made. Love the digi and pretty colour combo.
Clairexx

Lorraine said...

Such a sweet card, Lisa! Love that adorable horse image and your coloring matches the DP perfectly! Hope you get well soon!

Jackie said...

Very cute card, so pretty :o)
Jackie xx

Pauline said...

This is so adorable! A lovely mothers day card from a child!

Jessica said...

Gorgeous - love your background papers. Jxx

Christine L said...

Gorgeous cute card Lisa.... and your colouring is perfect as always!

Hugs
Christine x

Unknown said...

Such a sweet image Lisa, and coloured so well - don't think I've seen anything other than perfect colouring on your cards - and great clouds. Have saved the link for a nosy later.

A fab card altogether.

Hope the cold goes and you feel better very soon.

Sarah

PS - And yes 2008, I know 'cause I checked the packet and I brought the stamp as soon as it came out. I was just a little bit obsessed with those images at the time. Not now tho - moved onto other obsessions!!!!

coops said...

so gorgeous lisa.the image is so sweet and i love your pastel colours and papers ;D

xx coops xx

Amy Johnson said...

Beautiful card! Love the sweet image and soft colors. Thanks for playing the DTC this week!

Vicky said...

Awwww she has the same name as my new lickle puppy. She is so cute & sweet. Gorgeous card as always hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx
Natalie keeps getting colds as well hun this last few months have been chronic for her but they have gone onto her chest as well this last one was the worst. Hope you get better soon hun.

Jill said...

aww this is super cute love the image thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

NGCARDS said...

A wonderful creation hun! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

rosie said...

gorgeous. fab image. how cute is this horsey!!
brilliant papers x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Lisa this is so cute and adorable I loe that image and the soft pastel colours.
hugs
Lorraine x

Suzie's Card Den said...

Ahh this is so cute.
Thank you for joining us at Digital Tuesday Challenge, good luck and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Suzie xx

Cazza said...

Awwww, this is super sweet honey!
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx

~ Barb said...

So sorry to hear you are under the weather, get well soon (and stay well). I love your blog design too. Great card, especially the clouds. Thank-you for sharing at Digital Tuesday Challenge!
{Hugs} Barb, GDT.