Thursday 10 September 2009

Brothers


This is my eldest son's birthday card from his brother, he'll be 7 at the end of the month and I'm actually being organised for once and getting it done a bit early. I still need to make him one from us though. Oh, and my mum asked me to make a card for her to give him too.

I've used a gorgeous image by Mo Manning which couldn't be more perfect if she'd drawn it especially for my boys! Honestly, it makes me well up a bit when I look at it, big softie aren't I? Morgan waited so long to be a big brother and there's been so much trauma and disappointment along the way, I'm so proud of him for the way he's got through it. They love each other to bits and Dex idolises him, and they can often be found looking at books together, Dex pointing and Morgan naming everything for him. There's even a duck in the picture book which is Dex's latest obsession - he's constantly pointing in books and shouting 'dooo' (duck) and 'wack wack' (quack quack lol).

I tried something different with this and to be honest I think I've gone a bit overboard with the distressing! I should stick to my usual style (whatever that is!) and not try to be something I'm not.

The challenges that I'm entering this one into are:

Digital Tuesday (It's all about the kids)
Passion for Promarkers (sandstone & blue pearl)
My time to craft (polka dot party)
Allsorts (Something for the boys)
Pile it on (Birthdays)
Our Creative Corner (Stars & stripes)
A Spoonful of Sugar (followed the sketch)
Materials/ Tools used:
  • Digi-stamp from Digital Pencil Too, coloured with promarkers (background is distress inks)
  • My Mind's Eye papers with coredinations cardstock, all distressed and edged with distress inks
  • CCSR Happy Birthday sentiment, computer generated 'big brother' sentiment, cut out with nestabilities plain circles
  • Sizzix die for the stars

27 comments:

Gina said...

Stunning card, your colouring is fabulous
Thank you for joining in this week at PFP :)
Gina xxx

gina g said...

Hi Lisa Gorgeous card love the image and the papers. luv gina xx

Katie said...

Just wonderful!
I love Mo's images and you did it proud!
Thanks for including PIO in your challenges this week.

Jules said...

Hi, what a beautiful card.

Love your colours and papers. I don't think you have gone overboard with the distressing - it looks fantastic.

Sounds like you have two lovely boys!

Thank you for joining in the fun with Allsorts this week.

Love Jules xx

Rach said...

This is adorable, beautifully coloured.hugs rachxx

Natalie said...

Gorgeous card, great image. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. x

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, all the colouring and distressing if fab. Love it. Sarah

Suzanne said...

Lisa this is beautiful and the image is gorgeous.I like the distressing it looks great. Sue :o)

Wiccababe said...

oh no, you haven't gone overboard witht eh distressing at all, its fabulous
thanks for joining us on PfP this week and good luck
Debbi
xx

Victoria said...

gorgeous card and lovely to read about Morgan and Dex too.

Thanks for compliment re my photos - it's more luck than judgement with the bright sunshine this week - as soon as it's cloudy my pics will be dull and rubbish again!

Victoria
x

Dragonlady said...

This is a great card Lisa. I love the colours you have used and the image is perfect for a boys birthday card.

Ali x

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Lisa. Love the image you've used and the colouring also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Lilian said...

WOW! I think it's awesome you were able to combine all those challenges. Fantastic job!

Jennifer Stricker said...

What a great card! I love those boys (so sweet) and the patterned paper you used. Thank you for playing along with Pile It On! this week.

Jennifer PIO DT

Unknown said...

This is a fabulous card - love everything about it!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Lisa, aww how sweet. The image is adorable and your colouring is fab. The distressing looks great and looks like you've always made your cards that way (I'm useless at it!!). Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x
ps Happy Birthday to Morgan!

Debs said...

Hiya Lisa
Love this card - the image is so perfect from brother to another! Love the colours you have used and the layout is super.
Thanks for taking on my challenge at Allsorts this week - you rocked it!!!
Good luck in the draw.
TTFN
Debs xx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful card! Love that sweet image, beautiful coloring. Thanks for joining in at PIO this week! :)

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This card just simply adorable. I really love the sweet image. Great job on the OCC challenge this week. Thanks so much for playing along with us!!

Anonymous said...

precious card! love your coloring! I love Mo's images too!
Pam Going Postal

Sally H said...

Really gorgeous! I love the image, and your colouring and chioce of papers is spot on! I've chosen another of Mo's images this week too!

Brenda said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for playing with Pile It On this week.

Anonymous said...

lisa,
I think you are insane...that distressing looks perfect and awesome in this card!

Thanks for playing w/ the Pile It On! this week!
-- dalis

cats whiskers said...

Hi Sweetie this is just gorgeous love the colours and Mo's great image on this one, just perfect
Hugs Jacqui x

Unknown said...

What an adorable card! So sweet! Thanks for playing along with the OCC girls this week!

lil-paper-pixie said...

What a sweet card, the image is so cute. Thanks for playing along at PFP.

Hugs

Sarah

Lesley said...

What a fab card and such a cute image! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx