Time for a new challenge at Crafty Cardmakers - this fortnight our challenge is 'least & most', we'd like you to use your favourite colour and your least favourite colour together, it's a good one isn't it? The first challenge for me was deciding which colours to use... I often think I must be a bit odd because everyone seems to have favourites or colours they hate and I really don't. I just like using colour in general, all of them! So, in the end I went for black as my 'least' as I hardly ever use it, and pink as my 'most' as I use it quite a lot. Then for some bizarre reason I made it even harder for myself and decided not to use any patterned paper - strange decision seen as I have some perfectly lovely black and pink dp in my collection that's never been used!
Stitchy Stamps are sponsoring us for this challenge - there are some fab images to choose from, and they also provided some lovely images for the DT to use. I've used the gorgeous little Butterfly Love image, and I've coloured her with promarkers and used LOADS of glamour dust on her wings. You'll have to excuse her dodgy hair, I think I've only tried colouring black hair once before and she's ended up more grey than black, poor love! I've used coredinations cardstock, one piece embossed with a sizzix folder (sorry not sure what it's called) and the oval embossed with the cuttlebug divine swirls folder, and then sanded it all down. The border strip was cut with the MS doily lace trim punch, with a strip of bright pink ric rac ribbon. Used the MS doily punch for the bottom edge, added some flowers punched with an x-cut punch and some pearl centres, and finished with a craftwork cards sentiment (coloured with a promarker).
I'm entering my card for the following challenges (lots this time!):
- Sketch Saturday - fab sketch (and it's their birthday!)
- Totally Gorjuss - wings
- Allsorts Challenge - black, white + 1 other colour
- One Stop Craft - swirls & pearls
- Cute Card Thursday - no designer paper
- Delightful Sketches - texture
- PaperPlay Challenges - up in the air
- Cooking It Up With Katie - wings, petals & pink
- Flutter By Wednesdays - open challenge (+ butterfly, fairy or angel)
- Quixotic - emboss it
- Creative Inspirations - distressed
- Passion For Promarkers - anything goes (2nd entry)
- One Stitch At A Time - use something new (the image and the sizzix embossing folder)
Ooooh, I nearly forgot - we're having a DT call at Crafty Cardmakers at the moment, if you'd like to join our mad little group. All skills and styles are welcome - full details on the blog here.